RBA Responsible Business Alliance Certification, RBA Consultant, RBA Consultancy, RBA Version 6.0
The Responsible Business Alliance (RBA) Version 6.0, formerly called as the Electronic Industry Citizenship Coalition (EICC), Code of Conduct has published standards to ensure that working conditions in the electronics industry its supply chain industries are safe, their workers are treated with respect and dignity, and that operations are environmentally responsible and performed ethically.
Electronics industry as per this Code are all factories that may design, market, manufacture, or provide services that are used to manufacture electronic goods. The Code may be voluntarily adopted by any business in the electronics sector and subsequently applied by that business to its supply chain and subcontractors, including providers of contract labor.
To become a RBA “Participant”, a company should declare its compliance for the Code in accordance with a management system as herein.
These RBA Participants shall also require its downstream suppliers to review the requirements and seriously attempt to implement the RBA Code of conduct.
STEPS FOR RBA VERSION 6.0 COMPLIANCE AUDIT
- Implement the Code of conduct comprising of 5 Pillars and 43 provisions. Twenty Three (23) provisions from Labour, Health & Safety, Environment, Eight (8) from Business Ethics, Twelve (12) from Management Systems
- Support in filling up Self Assessment Questionnaire SAQ
- Support in Validated Audit Program VAP which is categorised as Platinum (for score of 200), Gold (Score 180), Silver (Score 160)
- Support in Corrective action Plan CAP
- Support in Audit closure and Audit Finding Acknowledgment AFA
Few provisions which are of interest for industries to learn are
- Freely chosen environment
- Young Workers
- Working Hours
- Wages and Benefits
- Humane treatment
- Non discrimination
- Freedom of Association
- Business Integrity
- Disclosure of Info
- Intellectual property
- Fair business, Advertisements and Competition
- Protection of identity and Non retaliation
- Responsible sourcing of Minerals
- Legal and customer requirements
- Risk assessment
- Worker feedback, participation and grievance handling
- Supplier responsibility
GQS Singapore is an expert for Electronic industries to implement the RBA Code of conduct located in Singapore, Malaysia, Manila, Batangas, Cavite Philippines, Batam Islands, Vietnam, Cambodia, Myanmar, Bangkok.
Drop an email to SHAKTINAYAK@ICLOUD.COM to know more details