ISO 50001 Certification in 2020-2021 Singapore, Penang, Manila
ISO 50001 CERTIFICATION IN SINGAPORE, PENANG, MANILA – REQUIREMENTS FOR ENERGY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
We all leave an ecological footprint behind. The more we look after our energy and resource consumption, the smaller the footprint will become. This will benefit not only the environment but also the organization. ISO 50001 framework can help your organization achieve those objectives.
WHAT ISO 50001 CERTIFICATION ALL ABOUT ???
It is a standard that provides framework for managing energy performance. The Key element of this standard is energy performance and improving energy performance. It can be introduced into any organization irrespective of the size and nature of business.
Energy performance is the measurable results associated with energy efficiency, energy use and energy consumption.
BENEFIT TO THE ORGANIZATION
Benefits are significant when ISO 50001 framework is integrated within the organization process for controlling energy performance:
- Improved energy efficiency,
- Enables organizations to establish baselines and identify areas for significant improvements in energy performance;
- Optimizing resource consumption including raw material consumption.
- Environmental influences are reduced such as CO2 emission, global climate change.
- Reducing costs.
- Increase in profits
- Competitive advantages.
- Encourages to explore renewable energy sources.
5 CERTIFICATION STEPS TO EFFECTIVE ENERGY MANAGEMENT WITH ISO 50001 are:
- Calculate significant energy consumption
- Establish baseline
- Define EnPIs, goals and action plans.
- Measurement and continuous energy efficiency control and
- Continual improvement of processes.
ISO 50001 FRAMEWORK
The foundation of ISO 50001 lies in 3 core concept model:
- Plan-Do-Check-Act model
- Energy Performance approach
- Risk-based thinking.
12 STEPS TO ISO 50001 CERTIFICATION:
The 12 key steps involved in ISO 50001 certification are:
- Gap analysis
- Developing Project plan and identify resources.
- Stakeholder awareness Training
- Defining context, scope, policy
- Identifying and complying with regulatory requirements.
- Identifying risks and opportunities and planning actions.
- Establishing objectives, energy targets and developing plan to achieve them.
- Energy review, Energy performance indicator and establishing energy baseline
- Operation planning and control criteria.
- Performance evaluation
- ISO 50001 internal audit
- ISO 50001 management review
ISO 50001 STANDARD STRUCTURE
ISO 50001 provides the following structure and guidance on the implementation of an Information security management System:
Clause 4. Context of the Organization
Clause 5. Leadership
Clause 6. Planning (Strategic risks and opportunities, Energy Objectives & Targets, EnPIs)
Clause 7. Support (resources and information)
Clause 8. Operation (operation control criteria)
Clause 9. Performance Evaluation
Clause 10. Improvement