ISO 26000 Corporate Social Responsibility Consultancy and Compliance verification
- The seven key underlying principles of social responsibility:
- Ethical behavior
- Respect for stakeholder interests
- Respect for the rule of law
- Respect for international norms of behavior
- Respect for human rights
- The seven core subjects and issues pertaining to social responsibility:
- Organizational governance
- Human rights
- Labor practices
- The environment
- Fair operating practices
- Consumer issues
- Community involvement and development
ISO 26000 is not a standard which can be used for certification. This is a self declaration program, where all the core subjects have to implemented and demonstrated during third party assessment.
The core subjects which will be implemented during CSR ISO 26000 will be
Core subject: Organizational governance, subclause 6.2
Decisions are to be made in consideration of the expectations of society. Accountability, transparency, ethics, and stakeholders should be factors in the organization’s decision-making process.
Core subject: Human rights, subclause 6.3
All humans have the right to fair treatment and the elimination of discrimination, torture, and exploitation.
- 6.3.3 Due diligence
- 6.3.4 Human rights risk situations
- 6.3.5 Avoidance of complicity
- 6.3.6 Resolving grievances
- 6.3.7 Discrimination and vulnerable groups
- 6.3.8 Civil and political rights
- 6.3.9 Economic, social, and cultural rights
- 6.3.10 Fundamental principles and rights at work
Core subject: Labor practices, subclause 6.4
Those working on behalf of the organization are not a commodity. The goal is to prevent unfair competition based on exploitation and abuse.
- 6.4.3 Employment and employment relationships
- 6.4.4 Conditions of work and social protection
- 6.4.5 Social dialogue
- 6.4.6 Health and safety at work
- 6.4.7 Human development and training in the workplace
Core subject: Environment, subclause 6.5
The organization has a responsibility to reduce and eliminate unsustainable volumes and patterns of production and consumption and to ensure that resource consumption per person becomes sustainable.
- 6.5.3 Prevention of pollution
- 6.5.4 Sustainable resource use
- 6.5.5 Climate change mitigation and adaptation
- 6.5.6 Protection of the environment, biodiversity, and restoration of natural habitats
Core subject: Fair operating practices, subclause 6.6
Building systems of fair competition, preventing corruption, encouraging fair competition, and promoting the reliability of fair business practices help to build sustainable social systems.
- 6.6.3 Anti-corruption
- 6.6.4 Responsible political involvement
- 6.6.5 Fair competition
- 6.6.6 Promoting social responsibility in the value chain
- 6.6.7 Respect for property rights
Core subject: Consumer issues, subclause 6.7
The promotion of just, sustainable, and equitable economic and social development with respect to consumer health, safety, and access is the organization’s responsibility.
- 6.7.3 Fair marketing, factual, and unbiased information and fair contractual practices
- 6.7.4 Protecting consumers’ health and safety
- 6.7.5 Sustainable consumption
- 6.7.6 Consumer service, support, and complaint and dispute resolution
- 6.7.7 Consumer data protection and privacy
- 6.7.8 Access to essential services
- 6.7.9 Education and awareness
Core subject: Community involvement and development, subclause 6.8
The organization should be involved with creating sustainable social structures where increasing levels of education and well-being can exist.
- 6.8.3 Community involvement
- 6.8.4 Education and culture
- 6.8.5 Employment creation and skills development
- 6.8.6 Technology development and access
- 6.8.7 Wealth and income creation
- 6.8.8 Health
- 6.8.9 Social investment
For ISO 26000 Assessment, ISO 26000 Consultancy, ISO 26000 Consultants in Manila, Singapore, Penang, Batam Islands, Myanmmar – drop us an email SHAKTINAYAK@ICLOUD.COM
What kind of company can go for ISO 26000 Corporate social responsibility ?
Any organisation irrespective of the size of company, complexity, type of products being manufactured, Services being offered can implement the CSR Corporate social responsibility of ISO 26000.